In you have been requested to complte the additional legitimation step and you are not eligible for legitimation via video (I have been asked to go through the video legitimation. How does it work?) then you will be requested in your Fintiba App to complete the legitimation via one of the following alternatives:
- Legitimation via the PostIdent process
- Manual Legitimation
Important - Based on previous customer's experience, we will offer you always the shortest route which normally is the most effective. Therefore you may find in the Documents section only the documents for the PostIdent process, only the documents for the manual legitimation process or both at the same time. If you receive both, you only need to complete the legitimation successfully with one of the options, you do not need to make both.
Did you find the respective document in the Documents section? Then please check below how each of the respective process can be completed:
Legitimation process - PostIdent
The PostIdent process is an electronic-based solution offered to many different companies in Germany in order to perform electronic identity checks in an easy, comfortable way. This process can be normally completed at any office from the German Postal Service (Deutsche Post).
You only need for completing the process the PostIdent voucher from your documents section and your passport. The instructions are also mentioned in the voucher itself and once you arrive at the Deutsche Post, you will be guided by the employees at the counter to complete everything.
In very rare cases it might be that some passports are not accepted during the PostIdent process by the German postal service. No worries! If you are facing issues with your legitimation at the post office and we did not previously issue the documents for the manual legitimation, Just simply check our contact site and follow the path "I am in Germany > I haven't set up my payouts > Access my money > I didn't do legitimation yet > PostIdent". FintiBot will collect the information you fill in the form so we can provide you with the documents for the manual legitimation. Alternatively, you can call the service hotline of Fintiba to request the document (How can I reach Fintiba?).
- Your nationality and passport country
- Your current (registered) location in Germany
Legitimation process - Manual
If you received your Legitimation Documents in your Documents section directly or after contacting us because the PostIdent process did not work successfully, you can complete the manual legitimation process by choosing one of the following alternatives:
- You will receive an automatic E-mail (In case you receive the legitimation documents from the beginning) or via our Customer Care Team (If you contacted them after the PostIdent was not successful). In both cases, you will receive a list of locations and alternatives where you can perform the legitimation. After that, you just need to follow the instructions on the first page of the provided document to complete the legitimation process.
- Also, you can complete the legitimation by visiting the Fintiba office in Frankfurt. In person, the legitimation can be processed very quickly, however, please bear in mind eventual expenses for travelling to Frankfurt. It is essential that you bring your passport as well as a document that confirms your address in Germany. This can be your official registration letter or, alternatively, your rental contract or similar document that confirms your address in Germany.
Note: legitimations at the office of Fintiba can only be processed during our regular business hours. In order to schedule your legitimation appointment, please register for a time slot here.
- Alternatively, you can also visit the Sutor Bank branch in Hamburg. In this case, please also bring your passport as well as a document that confirms your address in Germany as outlined above.