In very rare cases it might be that some passports are not accepted during the PostIdent process by the German postal service. No worries! In this case, you have alternative legitimation options. If you are facing issues with your legitimation at the post office, please directly get in touch with our Fintiba Support Team by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide in this email the following information:
- Your nationality and passport country
- Your current (registered) location in Germany
We can then offer you one of the following legitimation alternatives:
- Our Support Team will send you a legitimation document via email. Based on your current location, we will then notify you about alternative places where you can take this document with you. After that, you just need to follow the instructions on the first page of the provided document to complete the legitimation process.
- Also, you can complete the legitimation by visiting the Fintiba office in Frankfurt. In person, the legitimation can be processed very quickly, however, please bear in mind eventual expenses for travelling to Frankfurt. It is essential that you bring your passport as well as a document that confirms your address in Germany. This can be your official registration letter or, alternatively, your rental contract or similar document that confirms your address in Germany.
Note: legitimations at the office of Fintiba can only be processed during our regular business hours. In order to schedule your legitimation appointment, please register for a time slot here.
- Alternatively, you can also visit the Sutor Bank branch in Hamburg. In this case, please also bring your passport as well as a document that confirms your address in Germany as outlined above.