In very rare cases it might be that some passports are not accepted during the PostIdent process by the German postal service. No worries! In this case, you have alternative legitimation options. In case your passport was not accepted by the postal office, please directly get in touch with the Fintiba support team by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide in this email the following information:
- Your nationality and passport country
- The address of the postal office that you have been to
- The name of the person that tried to complete the PostIdent legitimation with you
We can then offer you one of the following legitimation alternatives:
- Fintiba will send you a legitimation document. You can then take this document to one of the following places to ask for completion of the legitimation by signing the legitimation document and following the instructions on its first page:
- Your bank, where you have opened/will open your German current account (opening a current account is necessary to receive your monthly payouts) or
- The "Bürgerbüro" in your city
- Also, you can complete the legitimation by visiting the Fintiba office in Frankfurt. In person, the legitimation can be processed very quickly, however, please bear in mind eventual expenses for travelling to Frankfurt. It is essential that you bring your passport as well as a document that confirms your address in Germany. This can be your official registration letter or, alternatively, your rental contract or similar document that confirms your address in Germany. Please book an appointment for legitimation here.
- Alternatively, you can also visit the Sutor Bank branch in Hamburg. In this case, please also bring your passport as well as a document that confirms your address in Germany as outlined above.