Transferring more than the actual blocked amount that is required by your embassy is generally possible. Usually, a confirmation of the source of the funds that you transfer is not necessary, given that your blocked amount adheres to the general guidelines of the German Federal Foreign Office (€ 720.00 * 12 months = € 8640.00). However, a confirmation of the 'source of funds' can be required in case you transfer more than the amount that is actually required for your blocked account.
Articles in this section
- In which currency is the transfer to the blocked account be made?
- Do I have to transfer the whole blocked amount with one transfer?
- How much is the fee for international money transfers?
- How much money do I have to transfer to receive my blocking confirmation?
- Is it required to provide a confirmation of the 'source of funds'?
- I just transfered the money - do I need to inform you or send a transfer confirmation?
- Can I transfer more than the required blocked amount?
- Do I need to ask if my money has already been credited?
- What do I have to consider when I transfer my blocked amount?