The maximum transfer amount that you are allowed to transfer to your blocked account is stated on the first page of your "Transfer and Account Information" document. For amounts exceeding this limit, additional documentation about the source of funds in German or English is required to process the transaction. If so, a blocking confirmation can only be issued after clarification and Sutor Bank reserves the right to return the exceeding amount (additional charges may apply). A confirmation of the source of the funds that you transfer is not necessary, given that your blocked amount adheres to the general guidelines of the German Federal Foreign Office (€ 861.00 * 12 months = € 10,332.00) and remains below the stated maximum transfer limit. However, a confirmation of the source of funds will be required in case you transfer more than the amount that is actually required for your blocked account.
Articles in this section
- What is Fintiba Transfer and how can I use it?
- How can I contact Transfermate or xCurrency?
- I chose “Make a Bank Transfer” in my account, but I want to use Fintiba Transfer, is it possible?
- Can I transfer more money with Fintiba Transfer for other purposes?
- Which payment option can I use to transfer my funds via Fintiba Transfer?
- In which currency is the transfer to the blocked account be made?
- Do I have to transfer the whole blocked amount with one transfer?
- How much is the fee for international money transfers?
- How much money do I have to transfer to receive my blocking confirmation?
- Is it required to provide a confirmation of the "source of funds"?