The blocked account can be opened for a time period of 12 months (standard duration) or less (if your duration of stay is shorter than 12 months). If you have planned to stay in Germany for longer than one year your blocked account can easily be extended after this time period, for another 12 months or less.
Articles in this section
- What are the required documents for the blocked account opening?
- For how long can the blocked account remain open?
- How do I open a blocked account at Fintiba?
- I am not a student. Can I open a blocked account anyway?
- Can you prioritise/speed up my account opening as it is very urgent for me?
- Why should I open my blocked account at Fintiba?
- Can I open a blocked account at a local branch of Fintiba or Sutor Bank?
- Who can NOT open a blocked account?