How can I close my Fintiba account?

You can start the account closure process directly from your Fintiba account. You just need to login into your account and then check your Blocked Account section.

There you can start the closure process under Close Account, and you can provide all the required documentation along the process so it can be quickly verified. Just note that your smartphone must be previously connected to your Fintiba account via your Profile section.


⚠ Once you have opened a blocked account and you have received your Blocking Confirmation, it is not possible to close it without the necessary documents from the respective German authorities. Since this authority can change depending on whether you arrived in Germany already or not, here you can find below the solution for your case regardless of your current situation.

I'm in my home country I'm in Germany

There might be different reasons why you need to close your blocked account. In any case, by law, we need a document from the authorities that allows us to close your account after you have received a Blocking Confirmation from us. This is necessary because we already guaranteed to the German state that your money is blocked - so we cannot unblock and close your account without official permission.

In the following cases, we need that official confirmation document called Sperrfreigabe from the German Embassy or Consulate:

  • You did not apply for your visa, but want to cancel your blocked account
  • You withdrew your visa application
  • You received your visa, but want to cancel your trip to Germany

The following is important - The Sperrfreigabe must include the instruction for us to remove the block from your account. If you need to support your request for the Embassy or Consulate with a template, you can download it here.

If your visa application was rejected by the embassy or consulate, we also need the official rejection letter that you received.

 We have prepared a video answering your most common questions about the process.


  Do you need a template to request an official confirmation to the Embassy or Consulate? - Below you can find in the attachments forms which you can fill and state the reason why you need to close your blocked account. You can then hand this form over to the German embassy or consulate to formally request the consular certification in written form:

Was this article helpful?
176 out of 419 found this helpful