For the video legitimation, you should use the original passport that you used for opening your Fintiba account.
Please note - Access to the e-mail address and/or mobile phone number used during the registration of your Fintiba account must be guaranteed.
- You need the Ident Token to start the video call. You will receive it either from [verify-U] or Fintiba via email (depending on whether you start the call via the Fintiba or [verify-U] app). Please check your emails - including spam folders - and have your Ident Token ready. You will get the OTP (One-Time Pin) only at the end of the video call.
- Please download the [verify-U] mobile app to your smartphone and start the video call from there:
- If you can't download the [verify-U] app and do the legitimation on a PC via internet browser (Google Chrome), you should have 2 devices with you /mobile phone or laptop/tablet.
- A good Internet connection must be guaranteed for a successful video legitimation, please use the connection of the university, Internet Café or hotspots. An LTE quality must be achieved, with 3G or less, unfortunately, no successful video call can come off.
- The call takes place in German or English; if you have language problems you can have a translator with you, that's okay! However, it is important that you answer the questions by yourself during the video call.
- Please remember that you have good lighting conditions during the call, it should be bright (ideally you also have a flashlight with you), the video agent must be able to see you and your passport clearly. A quiet / undisturbed environment also contributes to success.
- Please be prepared for the following "To Do's" during the call: "Hold your passport facing the camera" so that the agent can see the holograms; "Tilt passport in different directions" so that the security features can be checked. For Smartphone/Tablets please turn on screen rotation.
Please expect approx. 10-15 minutes for the video call. For further questions regarding the video legitimation, you are welcome to contact [verify-U] directly by e-mail or telephone
0900 1 837 439
Here we have another video for you that explains the process of video legitimation: