The statutory insurance contributions for foreign students are the same for all health insurance providers. In comparison, DAK-Gesundheit is one of the largest statutory health insurance funds in Germany and one of the oldest with more than 230 years of experience.
DAK health insurance includes special advantages such as:
- Free ISIC Card for 3 years – The International Student Identity Card includes 42,000 discounts, free services, and up to 90 percent student discounts worldwide e.g for flights, accommodation, entries in museums and theatres
- Appointment Service – Telephone service for doctor recommendations and to book your appointment with a specialist doctor
- Cost Coverage – various medical services and preventive check-ups are covered (e.g. professional tooth cleaning or HPV vaccination)
- Multi-Language Service-Hotline – Customer Service covering 22 languages
- Doctor-Video-Chat – specialist medical advice is given via online video service
- Live-Chat – with DAK consultants to ask general questions about health insurance