How do I notify my university about my health insurance coverage?

In Germany, health insurance providers and universities are obliged by law to notify one another of students' health insurance status. It is done via a digital notification called "M10".

Fintiba Plus users can send this notification from their Fintiba account itself by simply following the steps here

If you are not a Fintiba Plus user, and you have:

  • Statutory health insurance: Your insurance company will notify your university about your insurance status.
  • Private health insurance: You can contact any statutory health insurance company in Germany and request them to notify your university about your health insurance status.

Read more about the university enrolment process for international students in regards to health insurance here.

Was this article helpful?
2 out of 3 found this helpful