To extend your blocked account, please log in and click 'Extend Account' in the Blocked Account Card in order to start the process. You can use your existing blocked account and transfer a new blocking sum if you need it for the authorities (for example, for your visa/residence permit extension process).
- Your monthly payouts can be adjusted if necessary.
- Your current coverage will be considered during the calculation process, so you do not need to transfer the money for the same months again - even if your original and your extension blocking periods overlap!
Important considerations about the Account Extension
- The account extension costs € 89.00 - monthly fees of € 4.90 will further apply.
- Your payouts in your existing blocked account have to be previously set up and running before you can start the extension of your account.
- It is very important that you activate the extension before transferring any money, please only transfer the required amount when we ask you to do so.
- Your payouts may be stopped until we receive the extension visa/residence permit, therefore please consider the timing of the initiation of the account extension.
- If you change your monthly sum to a lower amount for the extension period, please provide a document from the Embassy/Foreigners Office which confirms the new requirements.
- Expired or terminated accounts cannot be extended. If your account has already expired or terminated and still you need to block money again for the authorities, please contact our Customer Care team and we will help you!
Related article - How can I reach Fintiba?
- There should be no time gap between the currently blocked account duration and the extended duration.
Do you still have questions? Please find our contact details in our Help Center
We have prepared a video answering your most common questions about the process. Feel free to give it a look: